Librarian (BB-AC43A)

Found in: Neuvoo Bulk IL


Teacher Librarian

Apply by: Thursday 26th March, 2020

Job Start Date: Mid-August 2020

Location: Jerusalem

Contract type: Full Time

Contract term: Fixed Term

The Anglican International School, Jerusalem (AISJ) is seeking toappoint a Teacher-Librarian prepared to work with our library,supporting the whole school’s access to books and on-line facilities and to aidin personal studies and projects beginning in August 2020. AISJ is awell-established and progressive International school in the heart ofJerusalem, catering for students aged 2 through 18 from the international andlocal communities. The post will suit a candidate with energy, personalintegrity, initiative and the ability to work closely within a team tocontribute to the effective delivery of teaching.

AISJ is accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA) and is an IBWorld School delivering the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programs. Our recentMSA accreditation report credited the school with the ability to “do theimpossible, every day”. Approximately 75% of our student body comes from aninternational background, with the remaining 25% comprising local Jewish,Muslim and Christian students. AISJ is where the world goes to school.

The post offers the opportunity to live and work at the epicenter ofworld politics and religion, in a city that is vibrant, diverse and enriched bymany different cultures and faiths.

Thesuccessful applicants will meet the following essential criteria:

  • Ability tosuccessfully manage the library across both the Elementary School andSecondary School, establishing goals and expectations with both staff andlearners to ensure that it is used to its maximum potential
  • Ability toresource the library in order to meet teaching goals across the School forthe IPC, MYP and IB Programmes.
  • To bedirectly involved in teaching and learning across the school, aligning theuse of the library to the school’s goals.
  • Ability to teach relevant classes as required,ensuring high standards of learning that meet with the School’s goals andethos.
  • Able to empower students to be critical thinkers,enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers and ethical users ofinformation
  • Have soundunderstanding and knowledge of principles and practice of inclusion
  • Have a soundunderstanding of the role of the Library as an information centre
  • Ability tocommunicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
  • Qualifications:

  • A degreeplus teaching qualification
  • Higherdegree or recognized professional qualification
  • Evidence ofcontinued relevant professional development
  • For a detailed job descriptionand full details of the post, please visit the school website, www.aisj.co.il, or contact Mrs Pauline Franks, at office@aisj.co.il. All applicants for the post should submit a completed AISJ jobapplication form (which can be found on the school website), as well as allrequired documents as indicated at the bottom of the form.

    calendar_today2 days ago

    Similar jobs


    location_onJerusalem, Israel

    work Janglo

    I expressly authorise the Terms and Conditions