Software Engineer - Cloud Native (Kubernetes Operator) (BB-97DB9)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk IL
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Redis Labs Kubernetes operator development team.
As a member of the Cloud Native development group, you will be responsible for the software behind the fastest NoSQL clusters on earth, supporting over 200 million ops/sec at sub-millisecond latency with true linear scalability.
The Kubernetes operator development team creates components that integrate with modern orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry, making the adoption of Redis Enterprise simple and easy. Our ideal candidate is a strong individual that loves to work with a diverse team of bright and ambitious people. You are passionate about technology in general and specifically the challenges around cloud, performance, and distributed computing. You are a quick learner, always eager to learn and improve. If you’re all that, fun to work with, and want to make an impact while contributing to a wildly successful startup, then this is the right challenge for you.
We’re Redis Labs, the home of open source Redis and commercial provider of Redis Enterprise. A recognized leader in the NoSQL, in-memory database market with more than 7,500 customers around the world, we also have major strategic partnerships with cloud vendors Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud. We’re a unicorn with a company valuation of more than $1 billion and have raised more than $246 million in funding. We’re growing fast and expanding our staff across our five global offices.
● Develop the next generation of Redis Labs products and solutions using Go and Python.
● Own Redis Labs Cloud-Native features end-to-end, from design through development and deployment.
● Debug, maintain, and improve the Redis Labs Kubernetes/CF infrastructure, enhancing its ability to handle many thousands of databases with millions of requests per second.
● Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members.
● Participate in various open-source projects that Redis Labs maintains and/or contributes to.
● Work closely with team members, product, DevOps, support, customer success, and other R&D teams.
● Excellent coding skills with a good understanding of large-scale architecture and design patterns
● Five or more years of hands-on backend development experience working on a large-scale production-grade system
● Significant experience with operating systems (specifically Linux)
● A B.Sc. in computer science or software engineering/equivalent experience
● Passion for technology (always learning about new tech)
● Self-directed, ambitious, and eager to learn new things
● Experience designing and implementing distributed systems = BIG Advantage
● Experience with NoSQL databases (especially Redis)
● Experience with Kubernetes usage/development (pods, services, namespaces, secrets etc)
● Experience with Docker
● Have participated in an end-to-end big data and/or large scale performance challenge
We have been named “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and ranked the fastest-growing Enterprise Software company in Silicon Valley. We offer a competitive compensation package; an employee stock program; medical, dental and vision coverage; unlimited PTO, 401K and more. For more info visit: https://redislabs.com/ Redis Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
calendar_today2 days ago
work Redis Labs