Applied Scientist - Alexa Shopping (BB-721E8)
Found in: Neuvoo IL
Description:You: Alexa, I am looking for a new career opportunity, where I could conduct applied research, impact millions of customers, and publish about it in top conferences. What do you suggest?
Alexa: The Alexa Shopping team is looking for brilliant applied researchers to help me become the best personal shopping assistant. Do you want to hear more?
You: Yes, please!
Alexa: As an applied researcher in the Alexa Shopping Research team, you will be responsible for research, design, and implementation of new AI technologies for voice assistants. You will collaborate with scientists, engineers, and product partners locally and abroad. Your work will inventing, experimenting with, and launching new features, products and systems. Ideally you have a expertise in at least one of the following fields: Web search & data mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Speech Processing or Artificial Intelligence, with both hands-on experience and publications at top relevant academic venues.
· PhD in Computer Science, or related field
· Strong Computer Science foundations (data structures and algorithms)
· Solid coding skills, proficiency with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Python
· Several publications at first-tier peer-reviewed research conferences or journals
· Good writing and verbal English skills
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary to succeed within the team:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Is open-minded, and willing to examine even the strongest convictions with humility
· Thinks strategically, but is comfortable with hands-on execution
· Is action and results oriented
· Is highly analytical and structured
· Has the ability to inspire passion in others
calendar_today6 hours ago