Software/DevOp Engineer for Build and Deploy team (BB-9C9C1)
Found in: Neuvoo Bulk IL
Job DescriptionYou will drive both infrastructure and software transformation across our Athena platform. The successful candidate will have recent hands-on experience with public and/or private Cloud platforms, defining Infrastructure as Code, container based architectures, alongside experience with modern software design patterns.
Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's business, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research. Athena combines the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives a potential candidate ability to contribute to wide a range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer, who can drive both infrastructure and software transformation across the Athena platform. The successful candidate will have recent hands-on experience with public and/or private Cloud platforms, container based architectures, alongside experience with modern software design patterns.
In conjunction with these exciting responsibilities, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to the existing code base to provide innovative solutions to infrastructure problems and deliver automated solutions.
· Driving adoption of Infrastructure as Code across the Athena Platform, both on-prem and in Public Cloud using Terraform and other industry standard technologies.
· Implementation of CI/CD infrastructure build pipelines to deploy Athena infrastructure to Public Cloud and on-prem datacentres.
· Driving the transformation of Athena architecture to a cloud native pattern which enables the deployment across a diverse range of platforms.
· Expand and improve the current infrastructure code base using modern infra-as-code patterns.
· Automating away manual toil using DevOps best practices.
· Define controls and standards for newly adopted technologies and develop migration plans to drive transformation.
· Participate in the resolution of production incidents related to Athena Core services.
· A successful track record within Infrastructure design and transformation roles
· Extensive experience with
o Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google Cloud
o Designing and writing Infrastructure as Code, preferably using Terraform
o Operating within UNIX based environments.
o Containerisation and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
· Nice to have - experience with scripting languages, ideally Python
calendar_today1 day ago
work J.P. Morgan