Research Software Engineer (BB-82240)
Found in: Neuvoo IL
DescriptionPagaya is a leading next-generation asset management firm founded in 2015. Combining advanced technology and financial expertise, we use artificial intelligence and state-of-the-art algorithms to uncover exceptional, low-risk high-yield opportunities in alternative credit for investors. Pagaya actively invests in US consumer credit assets.
Pagaya just completed its Series D financing of over $100M led by a prominent sovereign wealth fund.
About the Role:
Software is fundamental to research. From the humanities to physics, biology to archaeology, software plays a vital role in generating results. Not all researchers can become skilled software engineers, so a new role has developed: the Research Software Engineer (RSE). RSEs combine an intricate understanding of research with expertise in programming and software engineering.
- Build software that unlocks the use of new modeling and analysis techniques, becoming the force multiplier of researcher productivity
- Be responsible for accelerating research workflows, including optimization and parallelization of model training and validation
- Work closely with fellow research infrastructure engineers to implement and maintain key scientific components of our research codebase
- Identify pain points in current analysis workflows and eliminate them through proper automation and tooling
- Contribute to our software engineering culture of writing correct, maintainable, elegant and testable code
- Provide education and documentation enabling fellow team members to maximize technical resources
- Your intellectual curiosity and hard work contributions will be welcome to our culture of knowledge sharing, transparency, and shared fun and achievement
- Right at the cutting edge of science – work right at the frontiers of science with expert researchers
- Use the tools and languages that are best suited to the job – Complete flexibility to problem-solving with novelty and creativity encouraged
- Open source projects and frameworks recommended
- Be around very bright and lovely people
- It’s all about results – working hours are not the focus
Requirements- 5+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years’ aggregate experience as a Software Engineer as your full-time job
- Deep understanding of the open-source scientific programming ecosystem
- Willingness to code in Python. We welcome developers of any background, as long as you know python properly
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, understand a new problem deeply, and build things from scratch when they don’t already exist
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar disciplines from rigorous academic institutions
Any of the below would be an advantage:
- Professional experience writing performant scientific, numerical and parallel code in a data-driven research environment
- Experience writing and optimizing code in a vectorized scripting language such as NumPy or similar
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- Experience with data warehousing technologies such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.
calendar_today20 minutes ago
location_onRamat Gan, Israel