Head of Engineering (BB-CD8ED)
Found in: Neuvoo IL
DescriptionPracti is a powerful, all-in-one operating system for restaurants that lets you manage all of your orders, including from delivery apps, from one place. More than just an EPOS, Practi does everything from taking customer orders in our tablet-based app to making menu changes in your virtual Back Office in the cloud with just a few clicks.
From high-street chains to independent restaurants, market vendors and more, Practi is helping business owners to run their restaurants more efficiently. Our philosophy is always to put our customers first and provide the best possible solution to help them be successful. We are constantly improving and innovating our software, always with our restaurant partners in mind.
We are passionate about supporting small business owners and about helping them save time and money that they can invest back into their craft: great food that their community and customers love. Practi was founded as a start up in 2012. In 2019, Practi became part of the Just Eat Group, now Just Eat Takeaway.com. With offices in Tel Aviv and London, Practi is an international company with colleagues across the UK, Israel, Poland and Austria.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial and hands-on individual to lead our Engineering global department at Practi.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organization, has passion for building and simplifying technical solutions and the entrepreneurial grit to get things done!
Our Technological Stack includes: Java, Kotlin, Spring boot, React, Angular.
In This Role You Will
- Lead and build a group of of highly-skilled developers and QA on global teams
- Influence and drive strategy, product roadmap and engineering decisions that have bottom-line impact
- Upscale Practi’s Engineering teams by mentoring and growing the current members as well as bring-in new talent
- Solve high scale complex architectural challenges for multiple customers
- Be a source of technical knowledge and experience, facilitating, building and mentoring great technical decisions
- Help teams prioritize and make trade-offs related to business impact and technical scale
- Drive operational excellence across the team and its services, while pushing adoption of new capabilities that will improve scale and resiliency of the system
- Help redefine, using technology, the next iteration of hospitality and food business operations
- Report directly to Practi’s CEO
Requirements- 5+ years of proven hands-on production-grade development experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- 3+ year of experience in managing managers
- Experience building best of breed mobile and web mission critical applications
- Entrepreneurial self-starter in nature, ability to operate independently, “see the big picture” and contribute to managerial discussions and decisions
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Coach, mentor and grow cross functional teams to form and sustain high performing engineerings teams
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment Customer driven
- Deep knowledge and understanding of micro-service architecture
- Experience in operating in a large scale global environments
- Knowledge of communicating with different teams and stakeholders across the organization
- Very high level of English
- Know how to have fun
calendar_today3 days ago
location_onTel Aviv-Yafo, Israel