Sales Engineer (BB-446DD)
Found in: Neuvoo IL
DescriptionKaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
Here’s the challenge: Most existing networks were never designed to cope with video. You have a defined amount of available bandwidth and 5 times the amount of video to transfer through it. A key aspect of your role is to study the customer’s network diagram, identify the bottlenecks, and using your knowledge of the specs of the Kaltura products, provide a design that will resolve these bottlenecks.
Can you do this?
Want to work at a company revolutionizing Video? The Sales Engineer is a dynamic, hands-on role that works closely with Kaltura's sales, business development, marketing, professional services and product development teams. You are responsible for leading technical conversations with potential customers, and providing general engineering support for all aspects of the relationship. In addition to technical ability, the role requires an understanding of strategic sales, and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demo Kaltura products and speak intelligently to our very different value propositions across our verticals – this requires a deep technical understanding of the Kaltura platform, presentation skills, and sales instincts
- Provide technical pre-sales and solution engineering support, documenting customer use cases and technical requirements and then proposing a unified solution – meaning you’ll be creating the initial design
- Lead pre-sales discovery and design sessions with customers, detailing high level design plans to the Kaltura team through specifications, site diagrams, and wireframes – meaning you’ll have to understand network design and infrastructure, assess technical restrictions,
- Create training materials for partner salespeople and sales engineers, including “battle cards” and competitive analysis (requires integration of technical and sales understanding)
- Train partner technical personnel on the use, setup and support of our products (requires deep technical understanding of the Kaltura platform, presentation skills)
- Create or Assist in response to RFPs (requires good technical understanding of the Kaltura platform, writing skills, and sales instincts)
- Appear onsite with partner salespeople to help close high-stakes deals (requires good technical understanding of the Kaltura platform, presentation skills, and sales instincts)
- Create client demos and supervise of Proof-of-Concept client engagements (requires hands-on technical understanding of Kaltura products)
- Develop solution architecture for partner integrations (requires high-level technical understanding of Kaltura products and ability to grasp other technologies quickly)
- Support international tradeshows; present latest evolutions and discuss products and product development with interested parties
Requirements- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Media, or Information Systems
- 8+ years of experience, preferably in media technology industry and SaaS technology
- Fluency in English;
- Familiarity with some or all of: Online multimedia platforms, mobile platforms, digital video and television standards
- Demonstrated leadership and experience in technical pre-sales, product, product marketing, or complex software sales at a leading technology company
- Experience leading design sessions, documenting use cases, and proposing software solutions
- Experience in Sales Engineering and working in this role with sales- , operations- and technology teams
- Several years of working with media industry, TV, Operators, Broadcasters, Content- or Service Provider
- Familiar with some or all of the following technologies : MPEG, ATSC, DVB, ISDB, SCTE, OTT, OVP, IPTV, OCAP, SCTE, DAI, Digital Video, DRM, HLS, HSS, DASH, eCDN / CDN
- Understanding of modern software and cloud technologies,- architectures, APIs, Web, HTTP, Java, Docker, CICD and ability to design and discuss solutions with customers and internal teams
- Understanding of modern multimedia and video service platform architectures and related components
- Must be comfortable working within a dynamic, changing, and challenging environment where everyone "does it all", and work extensive and unconventional hours
- Must be willing to travel – about 30%
- Sense of humor...
calendar_today2 days ago
location_onRamat Gan, Israel